Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Confession of an Ex CPA Reviewee

Do you want to top the CPA Board Exam? Go. Ask the topnotchers. Hahaha! Do you want to pass the boards without pushing yourself too hard and WITHOUT PUTTING SO MUCH PRESSURE ON YOUR MIND AND HEART?!?! #ICAPSLOCKMOPARAINTENSE Ask me! 

Whaddup, friends. I've been really craving to write about something that is just light, something that I can express my craziness out, something that won't require so much thinking and analyzing and comprehending and daydreaming and auditing and picture taking while working ! You know, I am just an ordinary CPA who  was once an ordinary reviewee. Although the world of Accounting was out of my league, I still knew that I don't just have to  leave behind the course that I eventually learned to love for 4 years. I knew that I had to  be a CPA too like how you love me so much oops wrong sentence here!

No matter how silly this post might turn out, I do hope my random thoughts can help you ace the boards and encourage you to be a happy CPA like me.  Anyway, let's keep this post rolling. Woopedoh!!!

1. DEFINE YOUR GOAL.

Example: To find a boyfriend/girlfriend during review days.

Kidd. Well, just like any other stars that we wish to reach, we have to have a target for us to be on the right track. It doesn't hurt to make some sort of deviations, like having a detachment from the world of numbers just for once, but defining your goal is much like assuring yourself that you are more than willing to conquer all the hullabaloos. You really don't need to make an impressive statement just like how you packaged your thesis papers months back. Come on! The goal is but plain and simple: TO PASS THE BOARDS!!! OR to top, for some.

2. LET GO OF ANY EMOTIONAL INSTABILITIES.

Sometimes, what holds you back during review days is definitely NOT the mental incapacity to comprehend and analyze problems. More often than not, you're just being shrugged off by some negative vibes, so you start losing focus then you suddenly cry then you're out of the world then you cry again then you blame yourself for being so dumb then you don't understand the problem anymore then you can't even understand why land is not depreciated or why cash is a current asset do you get my point?!!?! Hahaha! SO DON'T EVER ALLOW YOUR EMOTIONAL STRINGS TO PULL YOU DOWN. It feels good to cry and release all those emotional dramas but please do bear in mind that you're more than THAT. Carry on.

Don't you ever question your intelligence. You know what I mean. Trust yourself.

3. EQUIP YOURSELF WITH PROPER WEAPONS.

You just can't reach a certain destination without fueling yourself with a handful of necessaries for you to remain standing all the way to the end. Choose a review school which can attend to your needs and carefully choose your references so you won't be stumbling and falling every now and then. I can be very biased if you'll ask me what's the best review school in town. My friends in Room 7 know how much I admire Sir Christian Valix so much that I can't even finish this sentence, why is he so

 4. DESIGN YOUR OWN STUDY SCHEDULE.

Nobody knows yourself better than you do. Please don't panic whenever you see someone answering sets of problems for the NTH time already and yet, here you go, still dwelling over the first few pages. I know, right? Hahaha! RELATE!!! We always have that one friend who loves to answer so many problems for a paulit-ulit paulit-ulit paulit-ulit gazillion times!

Designing your own study schedule is  a personal thing. You know your body system so it pays good to note such times where you seem to function the most and make any necessary adjustments to those times where you seem to be so sabaw and lutang so you better sleeeeeeep good night buhbye.

AND, don't expect that you'll be following a fixed schedule since Day 1. Personally, I only learned how to make most of my time late August. Isn't this a bad thing? HAHA Just take it easy. You'll be discovering your best study schedule along the way, BEFORE the actual boards, preferrably. Haha!

5. E-N-J-O-Y!!!

Forget about tips number 1 to 4! When in doubt, PROCEED to number 5!!! Actually, everything you've read was just an introduction! Mahaha! I think I'm just kidding.. but  NO, I'm SERIOUS! The word enjoy is  subject to so many interpretations but heeeey, what I am trying to say is, please don't be so naive about taking the boards. Remember the law of attraction. Just think positive and ENJOY what you are doing. (Though I had the hardest time on earth comprehending and mish-mashing over the articles and standards that I don't even know during undergrad HAHAHA)

ANYWAY, here are some of our moments during review days. Can I just say that it was so difficult for me to find decent photos?!!!?! Hashtag sabog faces the facesof stresssssssssssssexinessss


I can always be your confidante re challenges encountered during review but PLEASE don't ask me anything  so technical OKAAAAAY?!!! I BEG YOU!!! DON'T ASK ME HOW TO SOLVE THOSE PROBLEMS!!! I INSIST!!! Hahaha! Again, I'm just an ordinary CPA who was just an ordinary reviewee. But please, I am encouraging you to SUPPORT ME in reaching my greatest dream of becoming an EXTRAORDINARY *insert greatest desire here*. I know I can be the best *insert greatest desire here* and when that time comes, uhmmm, I'll cross the bridge when I get there. Hahaha!

But of course, above anything else, trust in His Divine Intervention. Considering all the factors in taking the exam, I lifted to God whatever ample knowledge that I have, surrendered everything to Him and luckily, He helped me answered those questions. I was just glad that the proctors didn't notice Him answering the exam for me. Hahaha! 

I still don't know the meaning of this post's title. Hmmm.  ANYWAY, good night! KISSES. (You may read the related post by clicking this LINK! :)

6 comments:

Bee-ccentric said...

Hello Ate Shola!
I'm a 2nd year Accountancy student at Xavier, and I'm one of your fans! hahahahah

Seriously, I know your super awesome in Accounting *bow*, I wanna learn from youuu! :D

thesholamaerose said...

Hey, Babe! Awwww. Your comment made my day! Hehe! What do you wanna learn, specifically? Ayaw lang technical haaaa.
;)

Thanks for dropping by! Kiss!

Bee-ccentric said...

You repliiiieeeed! *fangirl
moment*

How you managed Accountancy?
Despite all the extra-curricular work?
I've heard others say time management and all that, but I wanna learn from the Pro. hihi :)
Approaching teachers is scary, especially that I'm not that super smart in Accounting. T___T

thesholamaerose said...

HAHA! I think you're super smart!!! :)

Your question caught me off guard BECAUSE I really don't know how I've managed everything. HAHAHA! Anyway, *looks back* daghan man kaayo factors akong giconsider and daghan kaayo ko gibuhat nga dungan2x man gyud.

I'll try to get back to your after work. Seems like I have to remember my college days. Hmmm :)

Bee-ccentric said...

Thank you Ate Shola for thinking that, hahaha.

OMG! I don't know what to say na, aside from you're the super idol (me and a couple of my friends too, sees you that way)

You're our da bomb inspiration for Accounting! :)

thesholamaerose said...

Super humbling comments from you all!

I hope I can blog about this one of these days. Take care always!!! :)