Thursday, April 24, 2014

One Step

I just had my first attempt to achieve *again* my body figure during CPA review days and I really really feel so wonderful after my intense jogging muni-muni while walking. Hahaha! High five, folks!!! I also had lots of observations and even overheard a sexy girl saying "Permi man ko gakaon, sa Mcdo pa gyud. Chicken, cheeseburger, fries. Large pa na ha? Pero wala raman gyapon. Dili ra gyapon ko gatambok."  Wow!!! Hashtag naks naman, Ate! Eh di ikaw na!!! Hehe. But you know, I feel her. That WAS exactly how I felt before audit. 

Losing weight has always been an issue, specially to us girls. For a society who thinks that the standard of sexiness is having that of a body like Ellen Adarna or Marian Rivera (Why so sexy?!!!), we often get insecure about our baby fats and sometimes really feel bad the moment someone calls us "tambok" or fat.  Ahayyy. Hehe. But I realized, I shouldn't burn my fats JUST because I am pressured by the people around me. I should start achieving my desired body figure once more because it is my personal preference. 

Similar to what I have mentioned before, I have nothing against girls with fuller figures---I honestly admire those who manage to carry themselves in their own, awesome ways. I think we just purely have different preferences as to how we want to see ourselves in front of the mirror and personally, I prefer to be slimmer because I don't really stand tall.  #Disclaimer, eh? :)

Anyway, going back to my first attempt, (which is actually the main point of this post ahhh see how talkative I am) I just feel great that I finally tried exercising again after all my "Magpaniwang na gyud ko!" rants since January. You know, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other, I'm gonna get through this one way or another. Haha! A+ for motivation! But on a serious note, one step can really make ALL the difference. More often, the smallest step we make (in the right direction, of course) will lead us to the biggest achievement that we have ever dreamed of. 

Keep stepping, friends! How I wish this is also my first step into updating this happy space more often. Hehe. A sweet night to all of you! :)  

No comments: